We, the Kremslehner Hotels stand for tradition and family and hope very much that our future, which is already growing in the fifth generation, will develop the same enjoyment in the hotel industry in order to be able to continue the company in a long-term and environmentally conscious way!
We want to continue to work responsibly and to look for resources and are proud of our contribution and small steps to a green lifestyle!
Family Kremslehner & all employees Hotel Regina
Our company - the Kremslehner Hotels GmbH - consists of four hotels, which are already run in the fourth generation as a family hotel since its founding in 1896. In addition to our goal of providing our guests with the best possible service and being economically successful in the long term, we also want to keep an eye on the environment. We have been pursuing sustainable development, longevity and job security goals for years.
We feel committed as a family business especially to the next generation and therefore we stand for a proper, careful and economical use of resources such as food, energy, etc.
Especially Austria stands internationally as a tourism destination for a clean environment and a healthy nature. This will also secure our company for the future and in the further consequence, this also secures many jobs.
The Hotel Regina started years ago a cooperation with the OekoBusiness Vienna and could thus not only massively save costs, but also raise the awareness of the team for the careful handling of food. Also, the constant control of the previously mentioned deficits and the refreshing of the defined countermeasures are massively important. These points need to be incorporated into the daily work routine and should be consolidated sustainably and effectively.
We stand for tradition and family and we very much hope that our future, which is already growing in the fifth generation, will develop the same joy for the hotel industry in order to continue the company in a long-term and environmentally conscious way!
Our environmental policy is implemented as follows:
• We instruct our guests to Vienna´s excellent public transport connection as the basis for an environmentally friendly journey.
• We pamper our guests with preferred regional and fresh food.
• We set a consistent waste prevention and waste separation and involve our suppliers in this process.
• • We keep our heating and cooling systems up to date.
• We rely on a systematic acquisition of the building envelope by means of a thermal imaging camera and renew windows in areas with high heat loss.
• We use heating and cooling energy only where necessary for operation.
• We use our lighting energy-saving.
• We use environmentally friendly laundry detergents and cleaning supplies.
• We are committed to the systematic continuation of technical innovations with the effect of higher efficiency, electricity savings and a longer lifespan
• We use water-saving fittings to reduce water consumption.
• We continuously train our employees in the field of environmental protection.
• We advise our guests on the economical use of water, energy and towels.
Presenting sustainability clearly and simply: that is the goal of TREEDAY.
In a 2-year research collaboration with scientists from the Vienna University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, the TREEDAY team has developed an index for sustainable business in order to quickly and easily find "green" companies in the immediate area. The measure presents TREEDAY on an interactive map.
TREEDAY relies on the voluntary commitment and initiative of companies. These can use the TREEDAY Report and the TREEDAY Index to determine the status quo of their sustainability commitment. The underlying criteria are developed by the Center for Global Change and Sustainability of the University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences Vienna. The online tool covers the environmental, social and economic dimensions of sustainability. In contrast to (printed) sustainability reports or sustainability seals, it offers the possibility of updating the given information at any time. This enables companies to identify their sustainability activities with relatively little effort and communicate them in a user-friendly manner via the online platform.
In addition, every certified company on treeday.net has the opportunity to plant real trees with an upgrade! Depending on the package, a tree is planted every day for each year per euro used - 365 trees a year - for 365 euros. These 365 trees then save an average of 10 tonnes of Co2 per year!
And where are the trees planted? For every euro that TREEDAY takes, a tree is planted by the cooperation partner Foundation "Green Ethiopia"! This Swiss non-profit foundation is engaged in afforestation projects in Ethiopia for the fight against erosion and desertification. For afforestation, it finances tree nurseries and, in close collaboration with women's and farmers' cooperatives, manages to erode eroded mountain slopes and hills with native varieties.